Events of 1951
DVD Black & White Silent 1951 29:13
Summary: A magazine of events in the Boy Scout movement in 1951
Title number: 21047
LSA ID: LSA/27623
Description: Silent black and white film of major events in British scouting in 1951. With descriptive intertitles.
1.May 26 Bermondsey and Rotherhithe Scouts get a new headquarters on Jamaica Road ‘Scout House’, still surrounded by bomb damaged buildings, a damaged church and children playing.
(02.07) Opening ceremony for new scout headquarters by General Sir John Shea, County Commissioner for London. With shots of the scouts.
2. June 11-16 (02.46) Boy Scout Pageant at Royal Albert Hall. Shots of scouts cycling, throwing hoops, doing exercises etc.
3.June 28 (08.49) Seventh World Jamboree. Dominion and Colonial Scouts go to Clarence House to meet the Queen and Princess Elizabeth and then march through London to have tea with the Chief Scout.
4. August 3-13 (12.56) 3000 British scouts attend 7th World Jamboree in Bad Ischl Austria.
5. Aug 2-Sep 1 (16.38) London International Patrol Camp
6. Aug 25- Sep1 (18.37) Scout display at Festival of Britain
7. Sep22-23 (20.20) Scout canoe race, Marlow to Kingston. Won by 14th Tonbridge, 36 miles in 7.5 hours.
Credits: Publicity Department Imperial Headquarters, Boy Scout Association (Producer)
Keywords: Youth; Scouts; Bermondsey; recreation